Our church’s Mission Statement is “Love God, Make Disciples.”
As a community who is loved by God as demonstrated by the gracious giving of His Son, Jesus is at the centre of our Christian identity and mission. Hence, the 2 GCs given by Jesus –the Great Commandment (Matthew 22:37-40) and the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20) form the basis for our church’s mission statement.
– Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbour as yourself. ‘All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” (Matthew 22.37- 40)
- We want to help Christians to grow in their relationship with God and to cultivate a God-centred lifestyle where all that we do is an expression of our devotion and worship to Jesus;
- This would include being a caring community who seeks to love one another as well as those who do not know Jesus.
– Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” (Matthew 28:18-20)
- We also seek to be an outward-looking community, mindful that God has commissioned us to bring the Gospel to the world.
- This would involve discipling Christians to live out the implications of the Gospel in every sphere of life, integrating our faith and work and relationships, etc.
- Disciple-making is not another programme of our church. It is an ongoing and intentional process through which we believe God uses to transform our lives and equip every Christian to be a blessing to others.