FAQs for Church Retreat
1. What is the structure of the retreat?
a. It will be via zoom on Friday night (11 June, 8 to 10pm) and at a host’s home on Saturday (12 June, 9am to 7pm)
2. How is the programme of the retreat like?
a. It will not be an overnight retreat
|11 June 2021||8pm to 10pm||Online streaming of praise and adoration and sermon||Via zoom, in your own homes|
|12 June 2021||9am to 12pm||Ice breakers,praise and adoration, sermon and discussion. Children’s program (age below 13) via zoom during sermon period.||At host’s home|
|12 to 2pm||Lunch||Will be catered and delivered to individual host’s home|
|2pm to 6pm||Mini games, praise and adoration, sermon and discussion. Children’s program (age below 13) via zoom during sermon period.||At host’s home|
|6pm onwards||Dinner||Will be catered and delivered to individual host’s home|
3. What are the responsibilities of the host?
a. There will be a maximum of 8 guests allocated to your home
b. Provide a space for ice breakers/discussion and streaming of worship/sermon
c. Provide an additional device to stream the children’s programme if there are children in your home
4. Do I need to provide food/drinks as a host?
a. Lunch and dinner will be provided by the committee
b. It is purely optional if you wish to provide any snacks/drinks
5. How will lunch and dinner be provided?
a. Lunch and dinner will be catered and delivered to the individual hosts’ homes
6. If I am a host, do I have to host people overnight?
a. No, you only need to host people over on Saturday (12 June)
7. How much do I need to pay for the retreat?
|Youth||$20||Refers to anyone who is 13 and above, and is a full time student (Primary, Secondary, ITE, Junior College, Polytechnic, University) or NSF|
|Child (w/ food)||$10||Age 4 – 12|
|Child (w/o food)||Free||Age 0 – 3; or 4 – 12 and do not need food to be provided for|
8. What does the retreat fee cover?
a. Lunch, dinner, and a memento
9. Who is considered a youth?
a. Anyone who is 13 and above, and is a full time student (Primary, Secondary, ITE, Junior College, Polytechnic, University) or NSF
10. Who is considered a child?
a. Anyone who is aged 4-12
11. What does child (without food) mean?
a. Anyone who is aged 0-3; or 4-12 and do not need food to be provided for
12. Can I choose which host’s home I want to go to/Can the host choose who to come to their house?
a. No. The allocation of homes will be done based on your locational preferences and host availability as best as possible. We hope that this will be an opportunity for participants to get to know different people in the church community.
13. If I am a host, are my family members (who live in the same house) considered as guests?
a. No. Those living in the same house will not be considered as guests. e.g. You may have 8 family members living in the same house but you can still host up to 8 guests i.e. having a total of 16 people in the house.
14. If I am a host, how do I indicate who is living in the same house as me?
a. We will separately send another form to hosts, for you to indicate the participants that are living in your house
15. How do I make payment for the Church Retreat?
a. You can do so either via online payment (paynow or bank transfer) or cash:
1. PayNow either using Church UEN number T12SS0173B; OR the QR code. Please indicate “Retreat*insert your mobile number*” e.g. “Retreat91234567” in the description/reference no.
2. Internet Transfer to DBS 1629002650. Please indicate “Retreat*insert your mobile number*” e.g. “Retreat91234567” in the description/reference no.while making the transfer.
3. Pay in cash to your group facilitator on the actual day of the Church Retreat
16. When is the last day to sign up for the Church Retreat?
a. Registration ends on 31 May 2021, but do sign up early so as to facilitate the planning process
17. Will I be assigned to the same host’s home with my family members?
a. We will do our best to assign families to the same host’s home, especially for those families with children.